If you have seen any of my other blog posts, you will know that my latest obsession is making vegan chocolate truffles. They are fun, delicious and super sweet gifts, and the best thing is that they are really easy to make.
The list below has lots of different flavors/ extracts that you can add to the recipe (during step 3) to change the flavor, and you can invent lots of combinations of flavors on your own as well. Also, This is just a recipe for the ganache filling of the truffle, and the recipe says to roll the ganache in a few options that we’d recommend, such as toasted shredded coconut or cocoa powder, but if you want to be fancy, feel free to melt (or temper!) some dark chocolate and dip this truffle in it, and garnish with some of the options in the list below.
Flavors that you can add:
- Lemon, orange, or lime zest
- Curry powder
- Chipotle powder
- Pomegranate molasses
If you want to, you could also dip in melted or tempered chocolate and garnish with:
- Fancy or flavored salt or sugar
- Mint leaves
- Rose petals
- Chile powders
- Any kinds of spices
Vegan chocolate truffles
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or your milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (fair trade if you can!)
- Combine coconut milk and coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat on medium until boiling.
- Remove from heat, take chocolate chips and pour them into the milk/oil mixture. Swirl the mixture over the chocolate so that it is covered fully in milk, but don’t mix. Cover the pan and let sit for 5 minutes undisturbed.
- Take the lid off and mix melted chocolate and milk together with a whisk until smooth and glossy. If you want, add any flavorings from our list or your imagination to the ganache right now. Put ganache in the fridge to harden for about 30- 45 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Once the ganache is firm, take it out of the fridge. Take a small ball of the ganache onto your hands and roll it into a ball, repeating with the rest of your chocolate.
- Take your truffles and roll them in prepared ingredients. We recommend cocoa powder, coconut flakes or toasted coconut flakes, toasted sesame seeds, chopped roasted nuts, chopped chocolate, or cacao nibs, but you can use any related things too.
- Place in the fridge to firm up a little bit before serving.